Nigerians now enjoy better electricity than in the past says Minister of power, Mr B Fashola.
- The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola has said that Nigerians now enjoy better electricity than in the past. He made the claim while speaking during the April 2018 edition of the monthly power sector operators meeting in Umuahia, Abia State.
- I thought this has been laid to rest but giving me a sleepless night. I would have agreed if it was claimed by some popular comedians in Nigeria. People like Ali baba, Ay, Basketmouth……. So i never knew the Minister is a stand-up comedian, nice one.
- Available supply statistics from the Advisory Power Team in the Office of the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has contradicted the minister’s claims as power generation averaged only 3,847.8 megawatts in the first 104 days of 2018. And so!
- The Minister again said withing same period, it was unable to generate 261,944MW of power due to a combination of gas, water, transmission and distributions constraints, bringing its average daily power loss to 2,518.7MW. What are we talking about.
- The Minister said that Nigerians now spend less money to procure alternative power-generators along with fuel-as they now get more volumes of electricity supplied to their homes and offices. Where? Was that meeting a show-biz?
- He said well meaning Nigerians were gracious enough to publicly acknowledge that: they are saving some money from fuel they used to spend for generators. Where do they reside in Nigeria. Is it FCT or IKEJA?
- The Minister earlier this year, admitted that about 1.5 billion people lack electricity supply globally, out of which 90 million live in Africa’s most populous nation, Nigeria.
- Guess what is the barrister turned Engineer observing? No idea please. Let me stand here for a while so that all will know i am serious about my duty. Afterall i get paid.